marmite queen

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Thankyou :0)

Awww, how lovely you all are, you don't know how MUCH it means to me to see you are all thinking about lil me and trying to help me stay positive. i do still feel quite positive but then i'll sudenly have an OMG moment, and cos of bloomin eastenders (which i dont wathch) every newspaper and magazine i pick up seems to have articles about families with Downs children, and then i start thinking maybe someone somewhere is trying to give me a subtle sign??
i'm still hangin on in there for my scan on the 19th, i just cant imagine how i will be feeling by then, BUT my mum phoned yesterday and said she had been talking to someone (gee thanks mum) who had the same thing happen with bloods and they had the scan but went private at addenbrookes so they didnt have to wait as long, and she will pay if we want to go there NOW i promise i'm not being ungrateful but i dont know what to think, i dont think its a matter of nhs waiting lists why i'm waiting for the scan, i was led to believe that you have to wait til around 19/20 weeks as any markers that will be present might not show up before that time, and also does that mean i get a better scan person (brain blank can't think of the word!) i'm not sure thats the case. argh i'm confused what would you do?? i think mum was abit miffed i didnt jump at the chance.



so thats where we are at, will do a post very soon with pics i promise, i've had enough of this serious stuff!

5 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aw Phil

I dont know what to say. I have no idea. I guess you could take your mum up on her offer. My in-laws offered for us to go private with our genetic tests but the paed (still havent learnt how to spell childrens doctor!) advised us that it wouldnt speed up our process as genetic tests take ages private or not. And paediatrics (ooh, is that right?) is very good in the nhs. MMMM.
Now, its a different matter with you isnt it. I think if you can have an accurate scan earlier then go for it.

Thankyou for your kind comments on my blog xxx

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger So long, farewell! said...

Hello sugar

I think the universe does that sometimes, throws up lots of references. I know it did when we were going for our tests as it did after we got the Turner Syndrome diagnosis with our angel daughter. I'd never heard of it before then suddenly, to me, it was everywhere.

As for the scan. We went private for our Nuchal Fold at 12 weeks (our local didn't do one) and we could have had that between 11 and 13 weeks but I think the soft marker test is better at a different stage (ie 19/20 weeks) as, like you said, the signs are easier to spot then.

I'd say go with your gut, it might be nice just to see baby again regardless (and they are much more generous with the scan pics than the NHS!). I'd give them a ring and have a chat with them and they'll tell you the time span etc.

Love and hugs

Moxie
xxx

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Sam said...

It's a weird one isn't it when the world around you and the media seem to be reflecting the position you're in.

It's a kind offer from your mum & I'm sure she's got the absolute best intentions at heart, but it's down to you & G. Why don't you phone your m/w or the private hosp and find out what they have to say about the private test? If you're armed with all the facts then the decision will probably be easier to make. Huge hugs anyway ;) xxx

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Oh Phil, I really don't know what to say. I would go private if you can, you don't need the questions in your head right now.

xxx

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Bec said...

I don't know what I would do in your situation either but would probably go private just to find out what was happening and then still have the nhs one too.
Bec x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home