marmite queen

Monday, January 08, 2007

Nan

my lil ole nan died yesterday morning at 6.45 am, bless her she certainly hung on as we were told she wouldnt make it another day a week ago!, i dont feel sad at all, its soooo strange, like i said on my vox it just feels right and it was her time . i just look back and remember what a lovely nan she was she really did have an amazing life, caused a right old scandal in her day lol when she was 18 she was a private nurse and was looking after a lady til she died, then went and married said ladies widower 6 months later, she was 18 ................................he was 62!!! that was my mums dad, can you imagine the raised eyebrows in those days!, then he died when mum was 6 and she goes and remarries again a year later, more raised eyebrows lol! so heres to Florence May Barnard/Girling/Dade the last one of her clan, ooh she was one of 10 children and one of her brothers had the coolest middle name ever his name was Robert Dearlove, how cool must my greatgrandparents have beeen :0)

other news is i have FINALLY pulled my finger out and bought something for the baby! well not much really just added a pack of nappies and cotton woolballs to my asda shop which is coming today :0) suddenly thinking eeek 8 weeks isnt enough time to get ready now! might go up in the loft later today and rummage through bags of teeny pink/blue/neutral vests/babygrows :0) i will add a pack of nappies every week now i think just to keep me stock up, oh and i ordered some muzzies of ebay to keep my stock up as moll still has them as a cuddly at night, so i'm on my way to getting ready!

8 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Your nan sounds like she was a fab feisty lady. At peace now bless her. Glad you are feeling ok about it too. I LOVE that middle name and I love Florence too, that was on my shortlist for a girl :)

8 weeks is PLENTY of time to get yourself sorted! I was still getting bits I needed after my EDD... in fact, am still needing to get bits and bobs now!

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh what a carry on your Nan must have caused! Bet she's stll causing a riot now!
8 weeks?!!! Oh my days!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger So long, farewell! said...

Just wanted to say goodbye to your nan and give you a *hug*

She sounds like a right star - bet she is up there chuckling at all the raised eyebrows she caused!

xxx

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Nic said...

I'm raising a glass to your Nan. She sounds like she liked to cause a stir. I love listening to stories about women in years gone by.
Here's to many happy memories of your Nan and to her being at rest.

Getting organised?? Haha My babies were late so that I could start planning ON their due date ;o)

xx

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger EG said...

Sorry to hear about your nan hun, it's so lovely that you're remembering the good times (and the scandalous ones :o)

Hey if your prediction was correct, I should be in the family way in the next few months - watch this space!

Loads of love to you all (but no hugs)

Ess. x

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Sasha said...

Florence May....now there's a fab name if this is a pinkie bundle!
in't it amazing how old people have had such amazing lives and journies, yet we just see them as 'Nan' or 'Granddad'........bet our grandkids will just see us like that and yet we have had a life too........oh that so doesn't make sense but ykwim!
What a top lady she was.
And wow to getting ready....I bought nappies as I checked out of hospital at the chemist by the front door.....whoops! Am so disorganised!
Much love Sxxx

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Sasha said...

Florence May....now there's a fab name if this is a pinkie bundle!
in't it amazing how old people have had such amazing lives and journies, yet we just see them as 'Nan' or 'Granddad'........bet our grandkids will just see us like that and yet we have had a life too........oh that so doesn't make sense but ykwim!
What a top lady she was.
And wow to getting ready....I bought nappies as I checked out of hospital at the chemist by the front door.....whoops! Am so disorganised!
Much love Sxxx

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger So long, farewell! said...

Aww, bless you honey - no baby yet though and no signs of her moving either - she is far too snug!

How are you feeling? I'm mega excited for you *hugs*

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home